Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Recent Shenanigans

I've started to enjoy my "summer" (spring, but it's nice out so it counts) this year and thought I'd share some of the fun stuff I've been up to lately:
  • NYC - Two weekends ago I went up to NYC for the first time since I moved away to visit. I had some Saturday fun with my brother, then a Sunday funday going to a show and dinner with my parents and aunt and uncle, and lastly had a nice Monday afternoon biking through Central Park. (If you are ever looking for something different to do in NYC, I highly recommend biking through the park, especially if it's spring and everything is in bloom.)
  • Beerfest - Last Saturday, Fell's Point (in Baltimore) had a beerfest on a beautifully hot afternoon which, for a cover charge, some friends and I got to try quite a few (like 17ish) seasonal beers. Delicious.
  • Half Marathon - DC was kind enough to host a women's half marathon last Sunday that many of my crazy running college friends participated in. It was awesome to see so many of them at one time. And props to all who ran it.
  • Jersey Shore - It's a little early for the actual shore, but that didn't stop me from visiting my friend Alexa to celebrate her 29th birthday. We went to an awesome bar Saturday night with live music and bowling then had brunch, Margarita's, and movie time on Sunday for Cinco de Mayo.
Hopefully this is the start to many more fun adventures this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment