Friday, February 17, 2012

Prague... Finally!

Since most (all) of you who read this have known me since college; you also know how much I have wanted to go to Prague. In fact, there was a very treacherous drinking day at the BU Pub senior year where Val and I almost booked a quick jaunt over to Europe for a visit. If you remember correctly, after slightly sobering up we reconsidered the travel time and instead went to Miami. But finally now, the day has come!

For a quick catch up as to how all this started, my sister is currently living (and occasionally studying) in Ireland. Naturally, the fam wanted to visit. After coordinating 5 different schedules, we settled on traveling during the first 2 weeks of April. The first week, will be a Brady Bunch style vacation through Southern Ireland. For the second week though, the kids are breaking away and doing a little Euro traveling on our own. Truthfully, I'm really excited about both parts.

The Prague visit really went from a concept to a reality about 3 weeks ago when plane tickets were booked. The kids had planned on making Prague the last city we visited, so naturally that would be where we flew home from. Once that plane ticket was booked, I at least had to make it there for a little bit. But today the hotel was booked! We have what sounds like a wonderful 4-star hotel for 3 nights within walking distance of Old Town Prague with only a few booking frustrations. Most impressively, we found a hotel room for 3 people. After much research, I've learned that most European hotel rooms contain only 1 double bed or 2 twins. Very different than America, where bigger is better. Finding a reasonable triple room, makes the satisfaction that much better. But nothing can beat my excitement that I'm going to Prague AND I'm getting there before I'm 30 years old, which was definitely a goal of mine.

1 comment:

  1. If we had 2 more days we totally would have gone to Prague instead of Miami :)

    ReplyDelete