Sunday, October 3, 2010

Drunk Kids are Bullies

I know I already stated this in my first post, but I feel that due to the events of my Saturday it needs to be reiterated.  My car got beat up in a bar fight.

To start at the beginning, my brother is living with me right now so I've been watching alot of football this season.  Saturday is college football night and we were home flipping between 4 different games.  In an effort to be social and expand our beer options we ventured to a local bar.  This also had the added benefit of being able to watch all 4 games simultaneously. As per the Jersey usual, some macho dude (read: really drunk punk) decided some other guy looked at his girl wrong and preceded to start swinging.  This really effects us none other than some minor commotion as he was kicked out and a little later some flashing lights from the cops being called.  He had apparently tried to continue his rampage in the parking lot.  Just after all of this, we decide to head home.  As I'm walking toward the car, I realize that something looks different-- oh wait, that would be my passenger side mirror dangling next to my car.

Now this is a problem, but it is a small problem in the scheme of life.  It is a car.  My brother and I were not hurt.  Right now my mirror is in a make-shift towel sling hanging out the window, but it gives some character.  Tomorrow morning I'll find out the damages.  Between the police report and the bar owner and my insurance company hopefully I'll only have minimal to pay.

My prescription to you from this story is always remember to keep your catastrophes in perspective. Allow the little things to bring a smile to your face, but never tears of sadness to your eyes because that's when the bullies win.  Remember, today's mishaps are tomorrow's funny stories.

1 comment:

  1. bullies who make you blog are way cooler than bullies who break your car.

    for the record

    ReplyDelete