Friday, November 11, 2011

Be Thankful Challenge Day #11

Today is an easy day for me to figure out what I'm thankful for because today is my brother's birthday. So...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVE!

As brothers go, mine is pretty awesome. Of course I love my brother, he's family. He has the regular awesomeness that comes from being part of a super cool family. He graduated from the University of Pittsburg with an accounting degree (which I will never be able to understand), went right into a job at JP Morgan (a huge company thats really hard to get a job with), and is now 3/4 of the way toward getting his CPA (taking tests that make you want to kill yourself). But I also really like my brother. I feel that this fact is even better than loving him. I had the opportunity to live with him for 6 months about a year ago and I'm so glad. We hung out and watched football and drank beer. It wasn't anything special; it was just the first time I really got to know him as an adult and not an annoying little kid. Now he lives right over the river in NYC and it's never more than a month or so since I've seen him.


As a side note, today is Veteran's Day and of course I'm thankful for all the past, present, and future military personnel who risk their lives to protect my freedoms and lifestyle, especially both my grandfathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment