Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Be Thankful Challenge Day #22

Today I am thankful for my computer. I love Macs. I love how compatible all apple products are together; my Macbook, iPhone, and iPod get along so nicely. It's also very easy to figure out how to install, run, or manage any program on an apple product. This post though is also a bit of a memorial service for my Macbook. Soon I believe it will have to retire. They have actually stopped making programs available for it. I called customer support the other day because I was having problems trying to upgrade to iCloud. The technician I was talking to starting looking up the specs on my computer he saw when it was purchased. I believe his exact statement was, "2006?... Wow." Yes, my computer is from my college years. Shortly after that he discovered the problem and told me, "You know Christmas is right around the corner." The end of the story is that my processor (Intel Core Duo) is too outdated to support the new operating systems (Lion OSX) required for the new programs (iCloud). I am extremely thankful (and impressed) that my computer is still running. I love it, but I believe in order to continue to have a functional computer shortly after its 6th birthday I'm going to have to replace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment