Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Be Thankful Challenge Day #28 & #29

I know that I missed posting yesterday, but I kind of did it on purpose. Today I am thankful for my Mom and Dad. When I was thinking about it, it was just too hard to explain why I was thankful for one of them without the other. To me, my parents have always been a team. I have always been a Daddy's girl, but he wasn't always around when I was young because of his work schedule. My Mom was the one who taught me morals, punished me, and managed my daily schedule. Now that I'm older and they're apparently finished trying to fix me, my relationship with them is a lot more fun. My Mom is the one I tell about my day or go shopping with. We even have a girls' night out sometimes. My Dad is fun to share my medical horror stories with and I've enjoyed getting to hear some of his med school tales as I went through similar things. I'm very grateful for my parents for getting me through my childhood and teenage years relatively unscathed, but I enjoy them much more now and look forward to our next adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment