Sunday, November 20, 2011

Be Thankful Challenge Day #20

Today I am thankful for sales. Let me tell you about the awesome sales I have hit this month so far...

  1. I really needed work pants. I love The Limited, so after months of clearance rack shopping I finally decided I was going to just have to deal with the cost. I walked in and it was buy one pant get one free day. What are the odds. I found a style of pant that fit well (hard to do) and got one of every color.  That only took me to five, so I got an extra black pair since they were free. With the help of three coupons, the day's final total was $230 for six pairs of pants and three sweaters!
  2. I got a flyer for a Macy's one day sale. For some reason I decided to look through it and saw that luggage was on sale. I really needed some new luggage as mine literally has holes in it. I stopped by on my way to work and ended up getting a beautiful teal Diane Von Furstenberg 3-piece set. The final bill was $205 for $720 worth of luggage!
  3. We (the family) finally picked out an awesome birthday present for my dad - new skis! Except now we had to find and pay for nice new skis for him. We have all been checking out different ski shops and decided we would be paying about $700 or $800. Then today, I went to one last local place. I found the same exact skis we had picked out but for $450! 

So often stores have sales that I find it really hard to buy anything at regular price anymore. On the rare occasion I do buy something full price, I almost always have a coupon so that doesn't really count either. So I'm thankful for the sales I've hit so far and am hoping I can continue with the good luck for my Christmas shopping.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I also totally dig sales. Last week I was at the Junior League holiday market (known here as A Christmas Affair) and I got a normally very pricey baby shower present for (doing the math...)93% off! I'm not even kidding. Thank you silent auction!

    ReplyDelete