Monday, November 21, 2011

Be Thankful Challenge Day #21

Today I am thankful for the small kindnesses of strangers. I know this sounds a little weird, but think how your mood can change by someone holding a door open for you or simply smiling at you. This thankful moment was inspired today by the wonderful cop who did not give me a ticket. I don't know that this qualifies as small but I definitely appreciated his kindness towards me. I was less than a mile from my house on a back road apparently going 48mph in a 25mph zone. For the record, I've never seen a speed limit sign on this road and the road is windy so I'm not sure I could actually go 48mph but I was definitely not watching my speedometer so I wasn't really in a position to argue. After checking my license, registration, and  (perfect) driving record, he let me off with a warning. He saved me probably $100+ and multiple points on my driving record. So thank you Lincoln Park cop. I'm sending some good karma out into the universe hoping some reaches you and makes you smile today.

No comments:

Post a Comment