Thursday, November 24, 2011

Be Thankful Challenge Day #24

Today I am thankful for family. Now I love all my relatives, but today I am thankful for the family that my life has created. Growing up with relatives far away, we couldn't get to see them very often. However, when I was very young we moved to a new neighborhood that ended up shaping my life. There were three other families that all moved in right around when we did. I grew up with those kids, grade school through high school. They are as much my cousins and their parents my aunts and uncles as anyone is. I love how different we all are, yet we still love each other and make a point to get together even though its no longer as easy as walking next door. We still get together every holiday, so I'm going to go enjoy Thanksgiving with my "family" now.



Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you enjoying it with whomever you consider family.

No comments:

Post a Comment